Women’s rights and advocacy affects a multitude of other sectors such as health, education and community empowerment.
We have a number of organisations looking for assistance in their vision of empowering, educating and uplifting women in South Africa. The organisations run various programmes and initiatives to realise their vision of empowering women by celebrating and promoting their achievements. They do this through socioeconomic rights-based and gender education, advocacy and lobbying, human rights case work, and support for the building of social movements. Ultimately, gender inequalities impede the realisation of full human potential and drive the HIV/AIDS epidemic.
This would be a fantastic opportunity for an individual with an interest in female empowerment and equality, law and human rights issues. Interns with at least an undergraduate degree (or equivalent work experience) and a strong background working with marginalised communities, especially women, would be preferred. Female applicants will take priority, however males with an exceptional understanding of gender issues will also be considered.
Gender Advocacy and LGBTQI
Community Outreach and Development
There are a range of internships available with this non-profit organisation which focuses on developing young leaders, empowering youth and building community. The organisation uses a specific music, dance and drama methodology to foster leadership skills, as well as spark mentorship and community support. The organisation supports 10,000+ children through camps, after-school programming, and HIV/AIDS counselling.
- Interest & expertise in field of women’s empowerment & gender advocacy
- Basic to moderate understanding of relevant gender related issues in the location of your internship.
- Communications, marketing & social media skills
- Creative & innovative
- Strong writing, communication & organisational skills
- Able to assist with organisation administration
- Basic research experience
- Comfortable working in low-income communities
- Independence & adaptability
Useful areas of expertise
- Research & writing on gender & women’s issues
- Fieldwork & data analysis
- Marketing communications & website development
- Logistical work
- Program support
- Writing reports & articles
- Basic web design & web development
- Communications & fundraising
Want to have a chat?
Fill in your information below and an agent will arrange a video call to talk to you about an internship opportunity.
Ready to start your journey?
Fill in your application form below to get the process started. Once you application is complete an agent will get in contact with you to discuss you internship.
Drop a message in the message box on the right or follow the link below and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.